The library has public computers with internet access and the full Microsoft Office Suite. Users need a library card from any Main library or any Open Borrowing library to log on to the computers. Sessions are one hour and can be extended depending on wait times. After each use, the hard drive and all internet search history is wiped from public computers.
Visitors without a library card can obtain a guest pass, good for one hour, from the Reference or Media desks. No ID is required.
Assistive Technology Computer
The Morristown and Morris Township Library is excited to provide an Assistive Technology Computer to the public, which offers magnification and speech software including JAWS, Magic, Talking Typer and ZoomText. The computer is available for use in the Reference Department and comes to us through a partnership with the New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CBVI) and the New Jersey State Library.
Libraries by Mail
Through the Morris County Library, Libraries by Mail is a free delivery service for all residents of Morris County who are unable to get to their local library, (i.e. lack transportation, medical issues).
With Libraries by Mail, you can:
- Select your own books or media
- Have librarians make selections based on your reading profile
- Request materials by mail, phone, or from the online catalog
To request an application, you may either:
Unsecured Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Just connect to the network, “Library Wireless Network” for free internet access on your personal device.
The library provides wireless printing for our patrons. You can print from a computer, laptop or mobile device.
The Library only accepts cash payments for all printing and photocopying services. Please arrive with sufficient small bills to fund your project.
How to Send a Wireless Print Job
- Upload documents to the PrinterOn website. (Easiest!)
- Attach documents to an email and send from any email account.
For black and white prints (.10) send to:
For color prints (.25) send to:
- Your documents will be available within approximately five minutes and for up to 24 hours.
- Come into the Library and staff will help you print your documents.
B&W prints are 10 cents. Color prints are 25 cents.
If you have any questions or need help please call the Reference Department at 973-538-2592.
Group Study Rooms
Two group study rooms are located on the second floor. Rooms can be reserved in person or online.
If within 24 hours of the desired reservation time, call the Reference Department at 973-538-2592.
- Click on the Evanced Room Reserve link to create a reservation
- All reservations require a valid library card from any library in Main, a valid state-issued photo ID or a valid school-issued photo ID
- Children under the 9th grade level may use a Group Study Room only when accompanied by a person aged 18 or older
- To reserve a Group Study Room the following must be provided:
- a) the full name of the person reserving the room,
- b) their MMT or Main library card number or valid state-issued (or school-issued) photo ID number,
- c) the telephone number of the person reserving the room, and
- d) the number of people in the group.
- Reservations may be made for groups only (two or more persons)
- Reservations may be made for a maximum of two hours per day
- Group Study Rooms may be reserved two weeks in advance from the date of the reservation
- The person who reserves the room will be held financially responsible for any damage to the room and furnishings. In the case where a minor reserves a Group Study Room and one or more adults are present, those adults will be held responsible for any damage. In all other cases where a minor reserves a Group Study Room, the minor’s parent or legal guardian will be held responsible for any damage
- Reservations will be forfeited if not claimed within 15 minutes of the reservation time
- The person reserving the Group Study Room must occupy the room at all times
- Only one person in a group may reserve a Group Study Room for the same day. A different person from the same group cannot make a reservation for the same day in order to avoid the two-hour limit per day
The large meeting room can accommodate 60 people and is available at no charge to organizations in Morristown or Morris Township. Contact the Assistant Director at 973-538-6161 to make reservations and ask questions. Our meeting room regulations and a copy of the application are available to print.
The library currently has a notary on staff and offers free notary service. Call 973-538-6161 to confirm hours and availability.