The library has public Internet computers with the full Microsoft Office 2013 Suite. Users need a library card from any library in Morris County or any Open Borrowing library to log on to use the computers. Sessions are two hours. Patrons who do not have library cards can get a guest pass.
Visitors can get a Guest Pass, good for one hour, from the Reference or Media Desks. No ID is required for the Guest Pass.
Assistive Technology Computer
The Morristown and Morris Township Library is excited to provide an Assistive Technology Computer to the public, which offers magnification and speech software including JAWS, Magic, Talking Typer and ZoomText. The computer is available for use in the Reference Department and comes to us through a partnership with the New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CBVI) and the New Jersey State Library.
The Library Equal Access Program (LEAP, sponsored by CBVI) is also providing classes for patrons 55 or older on using assistive technology. For more information on these classes, please click here or call Advancing Opportunities, Assistive Technology Services, at 888-322-1918, extension 501 or send an email to email@example.com.
Unsecured Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. Just connect to the Library Wireless network for free Internet access on your personal device.
The library provides wireless printing for our patrons. You can print from a computer, laptop, or mobile device. There are three easy options available.
How to Send a Wireless Print Job
- You may attach and send documents from the PrinterOn website.
- You may use a mobile device. Go to your app store and download the PrinterON app.
- You may attach documents to an email and send the print job from any email account.
For black and white prints (.10) send to:
For color prints (.25) send to:
- Your documents will be available for up to 24 hours.
- Come into the library and print your documents.
Black and White prints are 10 cents. Color Prints are 25 cents.
If you have any questions or need help please call the Reference Department at 973-538-2592.
Two study rooms are located on the second floor in the new wing. Rooms can be reserved in person, by telephone (973-538-2592) or online.
Study Room Policy
- Visit our website at www.jfpl.org and click Study Room Reserve
- Online reservations require a valid library card from any library in M.A.I.N (Morris Automated Information Network) or a New Jersey driver’s license.
- Reservations may be made by adults age 18 or older.
- Online reservations may be made for groups of 2 or more. (Individuals may use vacant rooms on a first come/first served basis, but may not reserve the room in advance.)
- Study Room 1 (Large) is limited to 8 people and Study Room 2 (Small) is limited to 4 people.
- Rooms may be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Study Rooms may only be reserved for up to 2 hours per day, per patron.
- Library staff must approve the online reservations, so please reserve at least 12 hours before your requested time. Otherwise please call the library at 973-538-6161 to make your reservation.
- If you have used the system before, click the Quick Entry button after typing in your library card or driver’s license number. The rest of your contact information will be filled in automatically. New users will have to fill in the complete form.
- Please note that you will need to fill in the *Number of Attendees and *Last Name of Card/License Holder: (Your last name will display on the staff calendar so we know who has reserved the room.)
- If you fill in the Email field, you will receive a confirmation of your request with a link to allow you to cancel the reservation.
The large meeting room can accommodate 60 people and is available at no charge to nonprofit organizations in Morristown or Morris Township. Contact the Assistant Director at 973 – 538-6161 to make reservations and questions. Our meeting room regulations and a copy of the application are available to print.
The library currently has a notary on staff and offers free notary service. Call 973-538-6161 to confirm hours and availability.