The North Jersey History and Genealogy Center, Morristown and Morris Township Library, would like to know how residents of Morristown and Morris Township have handled being quarantined or self-isolated during the COVID-19 pandemic. This unique time is worth preserving in writing so that we can help future generations understand how to handle a quarantine and what it is like for us being quarantined in 2020.
Please tell us in 1500 words or less what being quarantined has been like for you. We would like to know:
- What has surprised you the most during this quarantine?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Have there been any positive impacts of this quarantine?
- What is the most difficult part of the quarantine?
- What are your hopes for the future when this quarantine is over? And how have those hopes changed from before this quarantine began?
Please let us know if you are willing to be contacted by the North Jersey History and Genealogy Center well after the quarantine is over.
All submissions must include your first and last name, age, other information including occupation, level of education completed, and whether you reside in the Town or Township. Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment or via USPS to North Jersey History and Genealogy Center, Morristown and Morris Township Library, 1 Miller Rd., Morristown, NJ 07960.
* Only send this work if in agreement that Morristown and Morris Township Library has permission to share the words with the public as part of the historical record and no benefit, financial or otherwise, is given or implied for the submitted material.
Originally Published April 10th, 2020